Picture Credit- Unofficial Royalty
Gjestestuene at Norsk Folkemuseum- commons.wikimedia.org
Gjestestuene –Gjestestuene is beautifully situated at the Norwegian Folk Museum in Oslo. Gjestestuene is surrounded by old farmsteads and a stave church from the 1200s. Gjestestuene was built in 1917 by the renowned architect Magnus Poulsson. His style was was quite popular in the early 1900s. Today you can host a dinner party or a wedding at Gjestestuene, as they cater to groups as little as 15 and as large as 250 people.
Strømsborgveien 2, 0287 Oslo, Norway
+47 488 91 603
Bakkehuset-( Bakkehusmuseet ) is a historic house museum in the Frederiksberg district of Copenhagen, Denmark. Dating from the 1520s, this building has been used for a number of functions. It was used as a farmhouse, inn, a home, as well as a hospital and orphanage. Today, it functions as a museum has a beautiful small park will be located next to the museum.
Rahbeks Alle 23, 1801 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
+45 33 31 43 62
Bygdø Royal Farm –Bygdø Royal Farm is located in Oslo, Norway and today is owned by the state but at the King’s disposal. Bygdø Royal Farm has been owned or used by Norwegian monarchs since 1305. The farm dates back to the Middle Ages. King Christian Frederik resided here during his reign in 1814. In 1837 King Carl Johan bought Bygdø Royal Farm from the state. He had the French gardens re-landscaped in the more natural English style, and enlarged the lake to its current size. The property remained in royal hands until 1863, when King Carl IV sold it back to the state. In 1905, King Haakon VII and Queen Maud began using the farm as their permanent summer residence and enabled the Queen to be able to pursue her interest in gardening.
Bygdø is one of the best examples of an upper class 17-18th-century country houses in Norway. At that time it was the custom in all the Scandinavian countries for the upper classes to spend the winter in the city and move to estates in the surrounding countryside during the summer. The estates were actively farmed in the summer to supply during the winter months in the city.
The present main house was built by Count Christian Rantzau, from 1731 to 1739, as his summer residence. By 1734 the house was complete and the property had been redesigned in the contemporary Baroque style. The house is a fine example of Norwegian early Baroque panel architecture. The main building and garden are designed to complement each other. The development of the garden reflects the history of Norwegian landscape gardening from the early 18th century to the first decades of the 20th. After the death of King Olav the park was somewhat neglected, but in 2003 restoration work begun that was completed by summer 2007, when the King and Queen resumed the tradition of using Bygdø as summer residence. Source royalcourt.no
Bygdøy, 0287 Oslo, Norway
+47 22 04 87 00